- By using or visiting the The Young Turks, LLC website or any The Young Turks, LLC products, software, data feeds, apps, and services provided to you on, from, or through the The Young Turks, LLC website and apps (collectively the “Service”) you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”). If you do not agree to any of these terms, please do not use the Service.
- The Young Turks, LLC may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- You may not do, or try to do, the following: (1) access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the systems of our technical providers; (2) access or search the Services by any means other than the currently available, published interfaces (e.g., APIs) that we provide; (3) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information; or (4) interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user, host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are lots of other great websites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.
In order to access some features of our Service, you will have to create a The Young Turks, LLC Account. You may NEVER use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify [email protected] immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Permissions and Restrictions
The Young Turks, LLC hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without The Young Turks, LLC’s prior written authorization.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means The Young Turks, LLC may designate.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain The Young Turks, LLC’s prior written approval:
- the sale of access to the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless other material not obtained from The Young Turks, LLC appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.
Payments to The Young Turks, LLC and Membership
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a membership to the Service or any other content, product, or service offered by The Young Turks, LLC. If you are less than 18 years of age and want to make any such purchase, please ask your parent or guardian to complete the purchase on your behalf.
- You agree to pay the subscription fees at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. We will bill all charges automatically to your credit card. Membership fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription and any renewal. As a general matter, all fees are non-refundable. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we do issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
- We may change the membership fees then in effect, or add new membership fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance and an opportunity to cancel.
- If you need to update your credit card details or you want to use a different credit card, please visit https://tytnetwork.com/how-to-update-your-billing-information/ to make changes.
- You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access the Service through an Internet access provider or other Third Party service.
Term; Cancellation and Renewal
- This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Service. Your membership will renew automatically until it is cancelled in accordance with this Section.
- For all memberships, you must cancel your membership before it renews in order to avoid billing of membership fees for the renewal term to your credit card.
- We may cancel your membership at any time upon notice to you.
- You may cancel your membership at any time by visiting https://tytnetwork.com/secure/membership-account/cancel/ and following the on-screen prompts. If you choose to cancel your membership, you will still have access to your pre-paid membership benefits for the duration of your previously paid renewal period. At the conclusion of your previously paid renewal period, your membership benefits will expire and you will not be billed again for renewal.
- Alternatively, you may cancel your membership prior to any renewal term by emailing [email protected] and including your email address or username used for your membership along with your cancellation request.
Automatic Renewal Policy
- Upon the expiration of the original term or any renewal term of paid membership, said membership shall be automatically renewed for the renewal period selected at original purchased – monthly for monthly membership renewals, annually for annual membership renewals.. During any renewal term of paid membership, the terms, conditions and provisions set forth in this Agreement shall remain in effect.
Harassment & Cyberbullying Policy
We want you to feel safe using The Young Turks, LLC without fear of being subjected to malicious harassment. In cases where harassment crosses the line into a malicious attack, it can be reported at [email protected] and will be removed immediately. In other cases, where users may be mildly annoying or obnoxious, it should simply be ignored.
In short: don’t be a jerk.
Harassment comes in many forms, but it may include:
- Abusive and/or threatening comments and/or messages
- Revealing someone’s personal information, including sensitive personally identifiable information such as addresses, social security numbers, passport numbers, or bank account numbers
- Making hurtful and negative comments about another person
- Unwanted sexualization, which encompasses sexual harassment or sexual bullying in any form
- Incitement to harass others including users, publishers, & on-screen personalities
*Sometimes criticism and insults can escalate into more serious forms of harassment and cyberbullying. If specific threats are made against you and you feel unsafe, report it to your local law enforcement agency.*
The Young Turks, LLC’s Hate Speech Policy
The Young Turks, LLC has a zero-tolerance policy on Hate Speech:
We encourage free speech and try to defend your right to express unpopular points of view; however, we don’t–under any circumstance–permit hate speech.
Hate speech refers to content that promotes violence against or has the primary purpose of inciting hatred against individuals or groups based on certain attributes, such as:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Veteran status
- Sexual orientation/gender identity
Immediate termination will be the consequence to any member that fails to abide by The Young Turks, LLC policies in place against hate speech.
Account Termination Policy
- The Young Turks, LLC will terminate a user’s access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer of our community’s rights to be free from harassment or hate speech.
- The foregoing notwithstanding, The Young Turks, LLC reserves the right, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to remove comments or terminate any user’s account that violates these Terms of Service.
Bulletin Boards and Chat Rooms
You are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages and other materials (which include uploading files, inputting data or any other materials or engaging in any form of communication in connection with this Site) (collectively “Messages”) to bulletin boards, chat rooms, comment sections, or other public areas within, or in connection with, this Site (collectively “Forums”):
- The Young Turks, LLC accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such Messages. In addition, children under the age of 13 are not authorized to post messages or participate in forums on this site.
- The Young Turks, LLC does not endorse and has no control over the content of Messages submitted by others to Forums. Messages submitted to Forums are not necessarily reviewed by The Young Turks, LLC prior to posting and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of The Young Turks, LLC.
- The Young Turks, LLC makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of the Messages in the Forums or the accuracy and reliability of any Messages and other materials in the Forums.
- The Young Turks, LLC reserves the right to prevent you from submitting Materials to Forums and to edit, restrict or remove such Messages for any reason at any time. The Young Turks, LLC assumes no responsibility for actively monitoring Forums for inappropriate Messages.
- If at any time The Young Turks, LLC chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Forums, The Young Turks, LLC nonetheless assume no responsibility for the content of the Messages, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Messages, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any Message.
- In submitting Messages to Forums, you agree to strictly limit yourself to discussions about the subject matter for which the Forums are intended.
- You agree that The Young Turks, LLC has no liability whatsoever if the company decides to to prevent your Messages from being submitted or if the company edits, restricts or removes your Messages.
- You also agree to permit any other user of this Site to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that other user’s personal use and not to restrict or inhibit the use of the Site by any other person.
- You agree that you will not submit Messages to Forums that:
- Are unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent including any communication that constitutes (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offense,
- gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law
- Violate the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- By submitting Messages to Forums, you represent to The Young Turks, LLC that you are the (a) rightful owner of such material or that you have first obtained permission to submit the material from the rightful owner; (b) are not improperly assuming or claiming the identity, characteristics or qualifications of another person; (c) Are not for purposes of spamming; (d) do not contain any virus or other harmful component; (e) Are not libelous, or an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or any other third party rights; or are for commercial purposes or contain advertising or are intended to solicit a person to buy or sell services or to make donations.
You hereby irrevocably release The Young Turks, LLC, and their respective employees, agents, officers, directors and shareholders, from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from your use of Forums. If at any time you are not happy with the Forums or object to any material within Forums, your sole remedy is to cease using them.
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- Incorporation of advertising or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted at the Podcast Content
- Redistribution of the Podcast Content and the use of the Podcast Content in a manner which suggests or implies that The Young Turks, LLC endorses any products, services or causes of a third party.
- Editing or modifying the Podcast Content or links in any manner whatsoever.
- Inserting any intermediate page, splash page or any other content between the podcast link and the applicable page on the Site.
- You may only use the Podcasting Service with platforms which provide a functional link that, when accessed, takes the user directly to the podcast feed on the Site. The Podcast Content may be used only in a manner which allows linking or redirection to or delivery of the applicable page on the Site.
- The Young Turks, LLC retains all ownership and other rights in the Podcast Content and in any and all The Young Turks, LLC logos and trademarks used in connection with the Podcasting Service. If applicable, you must provide attribution to the appropriate page on the Site in connection with your use of the Podcasting Service, and, if you use a graphic in the attribution, you must use the appropriate logo incorporated into the Podcast Content.
- The Young Turks, LLC reserves the right to cease offering any or all of the Podcasting Service or Podcast Content at any time or to require you to cease any and all use of the Podcasting Service or Podcast Content at any time for any reason.
- The Young Turks, LLC assumes no liability for your activities in connection with the Podcasting Service or for your use of the Podcast Content in connection with your website, computer or MP3 player.
- The Young Turks, LLC does not knowingly accept unsolicited submissions including, without limitation to, (a) submissions of scripts, story lines, articles, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas or concepts.
- The Young Turks, LLC ‘s policy is to simply delete any such submission without reading it or forwarding it to other The Young Turks, LLC staff. Therefore, any similarity between an unsolicited submission and any elements in any The Young Turks, LLC creative work including, without limitation, a film, series, story, title or concept would be purely coincidental.
- If unsolicited submissions are sent to The Young Turks, LLC via this Site, however, these submissions become the property of The Young Turks, LLC and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed, published, displayed or deleted as The Young Turks, LLC sees fit in its sole and absolute discretion. You agree that you are not entitled to any compensation, credit or notice whatsoever and that by sending an unsolicited submission you waive the right to make any claim against The Young Turks, LLC, their parent entities or affiliates relating to unsolicited submissions, including, without limitation, unfair competition, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality.
- The Young Turks, LLC is not responsible for the content or practices of third party web sites that may be linked to this Site. The Young Turks has no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Site, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers.
Disclaimer of Liability and Warranties
You use this Site and rely on material contained in this Site at your own risk. The Site, and all materials in this Site, are provided “as is” and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, are provided without warranties of any kind either express or implied. This means, without limitation, that The Young Turks, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT that the Site is fit for any particular purpose; that the functions contained in the materials in the Site will be uninterrupted; that defects will be corrected; that the Site is free of viruses and other harmful components or that the Site is accurate, error free or reliable. You acknowledge that The Young Turks, LLC and third party content providers, their parents and affiliates and their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, ARE NOT LIABLE for any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, viruses, communication line failures or for the theft, destruction, damage or unauthorized access to your computer system or network. You acknowledge that The Young Turks, LLC is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct or material found in connection with this Site, including such conduct or material transmitted by any means by any other person. You acknowledge that The Young Turks, LLC and third party content providers are not liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, in connection with or arising from your use or from your inability to use the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Young Turks, LLC, its parents and affiliates and their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of your use of this Site; your failure to use the Site; your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement or your breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
In 1988, Congress updated the copyright laws by passing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). :
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- You may direct copyright infringement notifications to The Young Turks 6230 Wilshire Blvd, Box #140 Los Angeles, CA 90048, email: [email protected] For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to The Young Turks, LLC customer service through [email protected] You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, The Young Turks, LLC may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at The Young Turks, LLC’s sole discretion.